This conference was a collaboration between Agri4D, Focali, Future Agriculture and SIANI. It brought research and ideas related to carbon dynamics in agriculture and forest systems in Africa together. The aim of the conference was to deepen the knowledge and enrich ideas about Production and Carbon Dynamics in Sustainable Agriculture and Forest Systems in Africa through interdisciplinary participation and discussions. The conference was organized in the form of keynote presentations and parallel session and was formed around the following questions:
- Production of what for whom and how?
- At what intensities? Should it be produced for food or bio fuel?
- Furthermore, what is sustainable and how is that defined?
- How do we deal with conservation versus production?
- What are the best ways to improve socioeconomic conditions for the local people, is it through subsidies or market driven tools?