In 2021, the world will convene for the first-ever UN Food Systems Summit to discuss and kick off a food systems transformation. All UN Member States have been invited to hold national Food Systems Summit Dialogues in preparation for the summit. Therefore, the Swedish Development Agency (Sida), the Swedish Ministry for Innovation and Enterprise, the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, and the Swedish International Agriculture Network Initiative (SIANI), are arranging a series of Food Systems Dialogues that will feed into the summit and provide global perspectives to Sweden’s preparations.
This is the second Swedish Food Systems Dialogue focusing on the link between conflict and food insecurity as well as the need for stronger resilience building.
- Amir Abdulla, Deputy Executive Director, UN World Food Programme (WFP)
- Georges Bazongo, Director of operations, Tree Aid, Burkina Faso
- Janine Alm Ericson, State Secretary to the Minister for International Development Cooperation at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Line Gordon, Director, Stockholm Resilience Centre
- Kristin Hall, Head of Major Donors & Nutrition for Growth, The Power of Nutrition
- Dan Smith, Director, SIPRI
- Jakob Wernerman, Director Humanitarian Aid, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida)
Moderator: Katy Harris, Senior Policy Fellow, Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)