e-Agriculture is organizing a forum within the framework of the International Year of Family Farming; this online event is organized by the e-Agriculture Community of Practice, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters (AMARC).
The discussion builds upon 5 key questions:
- According to your experience, how can communication, community media and ICT tools support family farmers in their activities? (open)
- Based on concrete experience or evidence, how can ICT tools and communication services engage family farmers in accessing information and exchanging knowledge? (open)
- What are the barriers family farmers face when using community media and other ICT tools? (open)
- What can be done at policy level to promote the use of community media and ICTs, and improve rural communication services? (open)
- What are concrete actions that can be undertaken to improve rural communication policies and services? (opening October 2nd)
We hope you will find some time to share your ideas and experience by posting comments and thoughts in the ongoing e-Agriculture Forum.
All the inputs collected during this online event will inform the Forum on Communication for Development & Community Media for Family Farming (FCCM), which will take place in Rome, Italy, from 23 to 24 October 2014.
Join us at http://www.e-agriculture.org/forums/communication-development-community-media-and-icts-family-farming-and-rural-development. The forum is open until the 6 October 2014.