The Forests & Livelihoods: Assessment, Research, and Engagement (FLARE) network is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for the 3rd annual meeting in Stockholm. The mission of the FLARE network is to establish a Community of Practice that advances the state of knowledge of the intersection of forests and livelihood.
Previous meetings (Paris 2015, Edinburgh 2016) emerged as a unique space for presentations and discussions around forests and livelihoods, and for generating new relationships among those in our field, especially for younger researchers. This year’s meeting is being organized in partnership with Stockholm University, Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), the Swedish International Agricultural Network Initiative (SIANI), Forest, Climate and Livelihoods Research Network (FOCALI), and the Rights and Resources Initiative (RRI). It will continue to advance discussion and collaboration around the relationships surrounding forests and livelihoods, with special attention to three core themes, although it will also build on themes from previous meetings.
Meeting themes will include:
- Ethics of Forest-Livelihoods Policies
- Small and Medium Forest Enterprises and forest based livelihoods
- Forest Livelihoods and the SDGs
- The Future of Forest Work and Communities
- Forest in Flux
- Developing Approaches and Indicators to Assess Social and Ecological Outcomes
- Linking Practice and Research
- Pathways and Prosperity
- Implementing Forest & Livelihood Policies
- Agricultural Commodities