In 2021, the world will convene for the first-ever UN Food Systems Summit to discuss and kick off a food systems transformation. All UN Member States have been invited to hold national Food Systems Summit Dialogues in preparation for the summit. Therefore, the Swedish Development Agency (Sida), the Swedish Ministry for Innovation and Enterprise, the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, and the Swedish International Agriculture Network Initiative (SIANI), are arranging a series of Food Systems Dialogues that will feed into the summit and provide global perspectives to Sweden’s preparations.
This is the opening session of the first Swedish global dialogue, Towards Equitable Food Systems, that discuss inequalities in today’s food systems with a special focus on youth and indigenous populations.
- Rahul Antao, Technical Specialist, Rural Youth and Social Inclusion, IFAD
- Amita Baviskar, Professor of Environmental Studies and Sociology & Anthropology, Ashoka University, Ph.D. Cornell University
- Per Callenberg, State-secretary, Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation
- Levi Juma, Programme Officer, Youth Alive Kenya
- Carin Jämtin, Director-General, Sida
- Hanna Sinare, Researcher, Stockholm Resilience Centre
Curator: Jonathan Eng, Network Coordinator, SIANI