As the food systems discussions kick off during 2021 and the end of COVID-19 is getting closer, the enormous challenges and threats from climate change and environmental degradation are intensifying. The global community’s actions to create sustainable food systems and to fight climate change during 2021 will have long-lasting effects, not least for the young people.
This session asks: How can we ensure that youth are central in the food systems transformation? And what challenges do youth engaged in food systems experience today?
– Amanda Wood, Researcher, Stockholm Resilience Centre
– Katarina Wahlgren, Deputy Director, Swedish Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation
– Maureen Muketha, Founder of Tule Vyema and Fellow, Young African Leaders Initiative
– Sanna Vannar, Chair of Sáminuorra
– Thomas Rosswall, Member of the Steering Committee of the High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition (HLPE)
Moderator: Jonathan Eng, Network Coordinator, SIANI