Sustainable food systems often choose to pick one of these directions: either high-tech or low-tech practices. When compared, which is the best strategy? “Going back” to traditional practices or “moving forward” with technological solutions and the so-called “smart farming”? We believe both strategies present advantages and disadvantages. This independent food systems dialogue aimed to critically unpack them in an interactive and engaging way.
- Moh Suthasiny, co-founder of Happy Grocers
- Melissa Alamo, PAMANAKA
- Wasamon Nutakul (Mon), Researcher at King’s Mongkut University of Technology Thonburi
- Rohan Brammall, co-founder of Farm2
- Pavini Sethi, Chipko Asia
- Sofia Cavalleri, SEI Asia/Chulalongkorn University