The aim of the seminar is to bring together researchers, government officials, practitioners and interested members of the public to discuss water quality and health. This seminar is organised jointly by KTH Water Centre and the SIANI expert group “Linkages between water, sanitation and food production for food and nutrition security” and is the first in a series of KTH water seminars.
- Introduction and welcome – Prosun Bhattacharya (KTH)
- Groundwater quality in Stockholm – Tonie Wickman (Stockholm Stad)
- Groundwater quality and treatment of private water supplies in Sweden – Helfrid Schulte-Herbrüggen (KTH)
- Importance of minerals from water for health – Ingegerd Rosborg (KTH)
- Water quality and treatment in low-income countries (bio-based solutions) – Gunaratna Kuttava Rajarao (KTH)
- Water quality and treatment in low-income countires – targeting safe aquifers – Mattias von Brömssen (Ramböll)
- Water in African communities – Noumbissi Tenku (Eco Relief)
- Practical experience with water, sanitation and hygine (WASH) and nutrition – Salvation Army International Development
Featuring: Water tasting and water visions exhibition
Light lunch and coffee will be provided for up to 25 participants: please register by the 7th of June by emailing Björn Norberg.