The young generation today is larger than ever, and have both stakes in and influence over the transformation of food systems. Youth are at the frontline of mounting challenges and uncertainties such as rising unemployment, rapid population growth and climate change. They will also bear the burden of the social and economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and conflicts, which have exposed the fragility of our current food systems. Youth are increasingly being recognised as key actors in the transformation of our food systems and in the fulfilment of the Sustainable Development Goals.
How do we move forward from commitments made by global and national actors, towards real action? How are young people today driving a food systems transformation and which opportunities do they see?
- Carin Jämtin, Director-General, Sida
- Hanna Sjölund, Policy and Advocacy Coordinator, Vi-skogen
- Naol Adugna Oli, Chief Business development Officer, Beta Blockers
- Amin Ben, WWF Sweden Youth
- Jenna Senecal, CEO, Sanitation360
Moderator: Alice Castensson, Associate, SIANI