FAO on behalf of the United Nations has designated 2014 as the International Year of Family Farming (IYFF), which will culminate in the presentation of a discussion brief on Family Farming at the World Food Day in October.
Would you like to shape the content and focus of this discussion brief? Would you like to be the one to present it in Stockholm at the World Food Day event organized by the Swedish Ministry of Rural Affairs? Please send an email to Melinda Fones Sundell if you are interested in participating. This is your chance to influence what stakeholders will be hearing on World Food Day!
SIANI is open to your interests in the subject; examples of topics being discussed in the international fora include:
- The Role of Family Farming in Food Security and Nutrition;
- The Family Farm: Enhancing Soil Fertility and Biodiversity;
- Family Farming and Climate Resilience;
- The Rural/Urban Nexus;
- Family Farming: Employment and Poverty Eradication;
- Who and how to invest in the Small Holder Sector;
- Smallholders and Family Farms; an identical focus?