The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and SIANI are pleased to announce the Call for abstracts for the Agri4D 2017 Conference. The theme of this year’s event is Urbanization and Rural Transformation.
Many of the rural poor move to swelling urban centers in search of better job opportunities and improved livelihoods. Some of these rural migrants succeed in finding better life, but for many the hopes of a better future often turn into a nightmare of economic and social insecurity. Rural-urban linkages may have a positive impact on the rural poor connecting them to economic incomes and development opportunities. A rural transformation linked to pro poor inclusive growth and urban dynamics can thus be a critical component of sustainable development as a whole.
The conference is a two day event for researchers and professionals working with and/or interested in agriculture for development. MSc and PhD students, senior scientists, experts from social, political, soils, crops, natural resources and animal science, economy, forestry, horticulture, veterinary medicine etc. are encouraged to participate.
Abstract submission is open for:
- Presentations of results or ongoing activity in research.
- Presentation of networks, research groups or organizations.
- Land – under pressures or dynamic changes?
- Forests for Food Security – in the light of Equal Rights and Sustainable Resource Management
- Fish farming for food security, nutrition and poverty reduction
- Knowledge Based Bioeconomies -Tools for Agricultural Transformation and Rural Development
- Water in Transforming Landscapes
- Urban and peri-urban agriculture, livelihoods, and food and nutrition security in the Global South
- Poster session
Abstract submission instructions
- Abstracts should be based on one of the conference sessions above (for more information on each sub-session, read conference brochure)
- Limit your text to 300 words
- Font Times New Roman 12 points, single spacing
- Include a Title for your abstract
- Include author names and their affiliation
- Include name of presenter and contact information
- Do not capitalize the letters in the title or authors, use sentence format
- Avoid using bold letters unless necessary
- All abstracts should be submitted in English
- An author may submit up to two abstracts for two different sessions
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you via e-mail by May 26, 2017
- Submit your abstract at the link below no later than May 15, 2017.