Please see the record of the webinar here.
There is a growing demand to reduce the use of chemicals in agriculture to make the production of food and plant-based materials more sustainable. Biologicals can increase growth and improve crop health and ensure a healthier environment. In this short seminar, we highlight different aspects and use of biologicals in agriculture, and how enabling policies can enhance their uptake. Are biologicals a sustainable alternative to conventional crop protection products in agriculture?
Invited speakers are Professor Laura Grenville-Briggs (SLU), Professor Jean Yong (SLU), Dr Lerato Matsaunyane (ARC South Africa) and Dr Ivan Rwomushana (CABI).
Program ( time is in CET)
- 14:30 Welcome, Erik Alexandersson
- 14:35 Jean Yong (SLU) “The Fascinating World of Biostimulants”
- 14:50 Laura Grenville-Briggs “The disease fighting power of biologicals”
- 15:05 Ivan Rwomushana (CABI) “How enabling policy can facilitate uptake of biologicals: The EAC harmonization process”
- 15:20 Lerato Matsaunyane (ARC South Africa) “The use of biologicals: The window to sustainable production for smallholder farmers”
- 15:20 Open discussion – online comments welcome!
- 15:45 End
Host: Erik Alexandersson (SLU)
Ways to connect!
- SLU Video Room : Connects automatically at the start of the meeting
- External Video System : dial firstname.lastname@example.org from your endpoint
- Skype for Business : click to join sip:email@example.com
- Web Browser : click to join https://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Audio device : call +46 18 278780 and enter meeting code 6845543#
Post evaluation here.
This event is organised by Plantlink with a support of SLU Global and SIANI. PlantLink is a research network in the area of plant sciences in the south of Sweden. It was formed in 2011 as an alliance between Lund University and the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Alnarp (SLU Alnarp) with financial support from the Skåne Regional Council (Region Skåne).