The seminar series invites a number of panellists to present and discuss the response to the need to transform Colombia’s regions into competitive, democratic, and sustainable ones, based on the recent political transition in the country, where new opportunities for discussion about the Comprehensive Rural Reform (RRI) agreed in the Peace Agreement represents a future roadmap for the sustainable management of land, water, biodiversity and people’s livelihoods.
This seminar will present experts knowledge exchange, around land use changes in the deforestation arc in the Amazon region of Colombia and the role of non-sustainable cattle ranching, with highlights for pathways and possible solutions in considering alternative cattle practices (e.g. regenerative principles) in the agricultural/livestock frontier in the region.
- Jesica M. López, PhD Candidate, Centre of Environmental and Climate Science, Agenda 2030 Graduate School, Lund University
- Augusto Castro, Climate and Land Use Scientist, Sustainable Food Systems, CIAT
- Rodrigo Botero, Director FCDS
Meeting ID: 693 6089 0829
- The webinar will be held with English and Spanish translation
- No registration is required. Join the Zoom link and share this e-mail with others that could be interested.
In collaboration with: