The 2023 UN Climate Change Conference will convene from 30 November to 12 December 2023 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). It will comprise:
- the 28th meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 28);
- the fifth meeting of the COP serving as the Meeting of the Parties to the Paris Agreement (CMA 5). The first Global Stocktake of the implementation of the Paris Agreement will conclude at COP 28;
- the 18th meeting of the COP serving as the Meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP 18);
- the 59th meeting of the Subsidiary Body for Implementation (SBI 59); and
- the 59th meeting of the Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice (SBSTA 59).
In this context, COP28 and the first Global Stocktake presents a unique opportunity to encourage global climate action by involving cities and regions around the world, as subnational governments are responsible for implementing global climate goals into practical, localised steps.
Find more information, here.