The conference aims to promote agroforestry development for food security and climate-change mitigation and resilience in Southeast Asia. Specific objectives are to:
- Share experience of agroforestry development in different contexts, e.g. landscape restoration, watershed protection, Nationally Determined Contributions to reducing greenhouse-gas emissions (NDCs), and climate resilience;
- Identify priority actions toward implementing the ASEAN Guidelines for Agroforestry Development at national and regional levels; and
- Foster concerted actions among ASEAN Member States (AMS), international organizations, donor agencies and others to promote agroforestry in the region.
Expected outputs of the conference are:
- Understanding of the various ways agroforestry contributes to achieving multiple goals and targets of AMS, e.g. improved NDCs, watershed protection, and land restoration;
- Priority actions identified toward adoption of the ASEAN Guidelines for Agroforestry Development by AMS, including support needed at the regional level; and
- Concerted action among AMS, international organizations, donor agencies and others to promote agroforestry in the region.