Welcome to a conference on innovations, research and development on edible insects for transformation of livelihoods in Africa. This conference will take place 14 to 16 august in Harare, Zimbabwe and is organised by AgriFoSe and the Chinhoyi University of Technology.
The conference now invites scientists, academics, students, investors, policy-makers, communities and all interested parties in edible insect research and development, consumption and industrial utilisation to submit abstracts for this conference.
Themes of the conference:
- Innovations in captive rearing of insects as food and animal feed
- Innovation in insect processing, product development, nutrition, and food safety and functional foods
- Enterprise development, stewardship and legislation on edible insects use as food and livestock feed
- Indigenous knowledge and social systems of edible insects in Africa
- May 27, 2019: Deadline for second and final Call of abstracts
- June 25, 2019: Feedback on abstract review by scientific committee
- July 5, 2019: Deadline for submission of revised abstracts