The Young Scientific Programme Committee (YSPC) (age 35 and under) is a group of individuals selected each year to support the Scientific Programme Committee (SPC). They collaborate with experienced scientists and water professionals, develop the seminars’ programme of one of the world’s most renowned water conferences, and gain visibility within the water community. They also add another, important perspective to the SPC’s work: the young professionals’ perspective.
The YSPC will be supporting the SPC in developing the seminars. This includes:
- Assisting (as daily ‘anchor’) SPC/SIWI with the overall coordination and communication around the seminars (January to September)
- Screening and categorising the abstracts submitted to the seminar (January to March)
- Providing input on seminar programme (theme, structure, format, selecting presenters) (April to August)
- Uploading all the necessary seminar information in the online programme (March to September)
- Act as the contact point for presenters on content-related issues (April to August)
- Collecting biographies and photos from presenters (April to August)
- Coordinating presentation content with presenters (April to August)
- Assist the SPC members with reporting (August to September)
More information about the seminars can be found here
All young professionals under 35 are welcome to apply to one of the nine seminars but the YSPC applicants must agree to provide minimum inputs in the order of 18 days (including World Water Week) from January to September.
To apply send your resume, motivation letter (indicating seminar of interest), and a letter of recommendation to email@example.com