The conference will bring together a group of talented young African scientists to present their latest research activities in the rapidly advancing field of Genomics. A number of world-renowned scientists in Genomic Science will be invited to give plenary lectures and participate in various discussions. The Conference is intended to provide an opportunity for forging links and sharing experiences across geographical, political and social boundaries, for providing continuity and communication between senior and young scientists and between disciplines, and for bridging the gap between research and implementation.
This call is open to early career African researchers. Applicants should meet the following criteria to participate:
– be based in Africa,
– be under the age of forty-five (45),
– have at least a Masters degree,
– have research expertise in at least one of the conference themes,
– submit an abstract that is relevant to the conference themes,
– be willing to present and share current research results at the conference.
Applicants must fill in the online application form and send it electronically together with an abstract of maximum 300 words and the applicant’s CV:
– the deadline for receiving all applications is 15 September 2018,
– official invitation letters shall be sent to successful candidates by 25 September 2018,
– only successful candidates shall be contacted.
More information about the event can be found here.