Young Researchers Meeting on rural transformation: Challenges and possibilities for rural communities
Are you a young researcher, PhD student, post-doc or in the beginning of your research career? Is your work about understanding the processes of rural transformation?
Welcome to our young researchers meeting in Uppsala 7-8 June! It is great opportunity to step up your research and network with likeminded crowd. At the meeting there will be a multidisciplinary group of senior scientists who have vast experiences on the topic, and who will be able to give feedback to you on manuscripts. Young researchers from all disciplines are welcome!
The meeting is organised around three sub – themes:
1. Agrarian change. Small holder agriculture and trajectories of agrarian change.
Key words: agricultural modernisation, livelihoods, food security, household strategies, global and regional political economy, farming systems, knowledge, policies, land rights
2. Migration and urban-rural linkages. How does increased mobility, flows of remittances and non-farm incomes affect rural economies?
Key words: gender, youth, labour, societal change, globalisation, technology, entrepreneurship, markets
3. Climate change and resource degradation. Compounding pressure on natural resources and effects of global warming.
Key words: Land use, landscape, climate change adaptation, water, governance, forest, forest uses, carbon management, ecosystem services, animal husbandry, population growth
Submit your abstract to Agri4Demail@example.com before April 30, 2018, indicating which sub-theme you would like to focus on.
If your abstract is selected, your travel (only within Sweden) and stay in Uppsala for the meeting could be financed.
Format for abstract submission:
- Limit your text to 300 words
- Single spacing
- Font: Times New Roman 12 points
- Include a Title for your abstract
- Send your text in a Word or .doc file
- Include authors and their affiliation. Underline presenter name and include contact information
- Please do not capitalize the letters in the title or authors, use sentence format.
- Avoid using bold letters unless necessary