We are delighted to invite you to a 1-day meeting in Bangkok, Thailand with its members and partner organizations from SEA to update you on SIANI’s work in the region and to consult on future priorities. We will hear from previously funded expert groups and from inspiring members who are supporting our work forward in the region.
SIANI, the Swedish International Agriculture Network Initiative, is an open and inclusive global network that supports and promotes dialogue and action around Agenda 2030 and Sustainable Development Goal 2: Zero Hunger that aims to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture. Our mission is to facilitate inclusive and engaging dialogues around SDG 2, with participation from academia, the private sector, public authorities and civil society.
We seek to generate impact by:
- creating opportunities for evidence-based, gender-balanced dialogues
- making knowledge available for informed decision-making in local, national and international arenas, and
- facilitating cross-sector, multi-stakeholder, joint action.
Our diverse network is comprised of more than 3000 members represents a wide range of perspectives, ideas, insights and approaches drawn from all over the globe. SIANI has over 300 members in the ASEAN region whom we would like to see to what extent we can incorporate regional priorities in our work.
- 08:30 – 09:00 Registration
- 09:00 – 09:30 Welcome to the Day: Matthew Fielding, Deputy Director, SIANI.
- 09:30 – 10:30 Action on SDG2: Zero Hunger – Insights from the Asia region
Supisra Arayaphong, Smallholder farmer & entrepreneur, Thailand
Delphine Larrousse, Regional Director, World Vegetable Center in East and Southeast Asia
Ronnakorn Triraganon, Senior Strategic Advisor, RECOFTC – The Center for People and Forests
Yurdi Yasmi, Forestry Officer, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
- 10:30 – 10:45 Networking break
- 10:45 – 12:30 Round Table Dialogue workshop: How can you work with SIANI to address the regional urgencies relating to achieving zero hunger?
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 – 13:50 Reporting back from the Round Table Dialogues
- 13:50 – 14:50 Panel Discussion: Experiences from SIANI Expert Groups
Delia Catacutan, Acting Regional Coordinator Southeast Asia, ICRAF
Supawan Visetnoi, Assistant Professor, Chulalongkorn University School of Agricultural Resources (CUSAR)
Diana San Jose, Program Officer, Non-Timber Forest Products – Exchange Programme Asia
- 14:50 – 15:00 Closing remarks
- 15:00 – 16:00 Refreshments and networking
Moderator: Matthew Fielding, Deputy Director, SIANI.
If you cannot join us on the day, you can watch the event live via our Facebook page: