A large share of the world’s antibiotics is used in the livestock sector. Take this free online course to learn what antimicrobial resistance is and how to prevent it without reducing the productivity of your livestock. All for the sake of human and animal health.
This course round started on 26 August but you can still join and catch up at any time during the course.
The topics covered by the course:
- What antibiotics are and what they are used for
- What antibiotic resistance is, how it develops and why it is a problem
- Basics of infectious disease prevention
- When and how we should use antibiotics prudently and efficiently in livestock production
- How to combine disease preventative measures and prudent use of antibiotics for livestock to sustain their health and productivity
- The economic possibilities in applying disease preventative measures
Use #AMRlivestock to talk about this course on social media.