08.00 ONSITE REGISTRATION AND MORNING TEA
09.00 SETTING THE SCENE: Welcome address and setting the tone for Agripreneurship in Africa.
09.15 KEYNOTE SESSION: Agribusiness trends opportunities, threats and outlook in Africa. The Performance of the Agricultural Sector in Africa.
DISCUSSION PANEL: Agribusiness risk and uncertainty mitigation.
11.15 NETWORKING TEA BREAK
11.35 PLENARY SESSION: AGRIBUSINESS ENTERPRISE AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Opportunities and challenges experienced by start-up agro-processors and smallholder farmers.
- Improving commercial viability, proﬁtability and access to inputs, business development services, skills, and marketing infrastructure. International trade facilitation and export readiness.
- Capacity building, competitiveness and productivity improvement. Corporate opportunities in Agribusiness based Enterprise Supplier Development (ESD).
12.15 WHY DON’T YOU LOOK FOR A JOB?
- Youth employability.
- Fuelling the potential of youth from student to Agripreneur: The exciting, challenging journey to start an agrobusiness.
DISCUSSION PANEL: Is Agripreneurship a viable option to employment?
13.30 NETWORKIN GLUNCH
14.30 PLENARY SESSION: AGRICULTURE FUNDING AND INVESTMENT
- Agro-processing support for small holder farmers and Agripreneurs.
- Stimulation and investment in agro-processing and beneﬁciation.
15: 30 THINK OUT OF THE BOX, THINK AGRITOURISM
- Why cultivating agritourism in Africa is important.
- Opportunities lurking in Agritourism: Can you make it work?
DISCUSSION PANEL: Are we investing or donating? Is Agribusiness Viable?
17.00 WAY FORWARD AND CLOSE OF EVENT.